How to make your Water Heater Last!
Each water heater comes with a 6, 9 or 12 year warranty. There are simple steps you can take to make sure it last up to the warranty or more.
1. Inspect your water heater on a monthly basis. Especially if it is in an area not commonly used i.e the attic. By inspecting your water heater you will be able to catch early signs before your water heater starts to fail
Things to look for:
- Any signs of leaking, whether its coming from the roof/ceiling or any of the connections. Also check the drip pan, it is not a good sign if the drip pan is full of water
- Make sure all lines are in working condition. If there are any signs of rust it means the line is leaking and must be replaced before it causes any more damage
2. Flush regularly every 6 months. It is recommended to flush water heater twice a year to prevent sediment buildup inside the tank that could cause damage to the unit.
3. Occasionally relief pressure from the pressure valve. In order to do this I would recommend speaking with a specialist. It is important for the pressure to be relieved every once in a while, too much pressure can cause the tank to explode.